Xbox Alpha Insiders Get New OS Version With Updated Controller Firmware
Before rolling out new Xbox features, Microsoft typically tests them in Insider channels, like it does with Windows. Today, the company rolled out a new OS with version (watch out, it’s a mouthful) XB_FLT_2208NI22621.1729.220720-2200. There aren’t many new features in the update, just a few fixes. Check out the changelog below:
- A new version of the controller firmware is available for Alpha users starting today! This firmware includes the following fixes/enhancements:
- Functionality with third-party joysticks used with the Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Xbox Wireless and PC Bluetooth disconnects
- Bluetooth latency when connected to a Windows PC
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce that the following fixes have been implemented for this version:
- Various updates to correctly reflect local languages on console.
- Note: Users participating in the preview may see “strange” text on the console. For more information, click here.
As usual, there are a whole bunch of known issues Insiders should be aware of as well, especially since some have workarounds:
- Xbox accounts cannot be linked to Discord if their owner is
- When using the Discord Mobile app on iOS, having your default browser set to something other than Safari may prevent you from properly linking your account.
- Workaround: Make sure your iOS device’s default browser is set to Safari, then try again.
- Some users may experience an issue where games won’t launch after using certain streaming apps. If you encounter this problem, please use Report a problem to send feedback.
- Workaround: Restart the console and the games should launch normally.
- We are investigating reports that the audio mixer is unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We have received reports that HDMI-CEC is not working properly.
- To note: Make sure your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before submitting feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a title on disc does not appear on the dashboard.
- We are investigating reports of poor performance when navigating the dashboard.
- To note: If you encounter this issue, please submit your feedback using Report a problem and include details regarding the steps you took prior to the issue and the exact behavior you are experiencing.
My games and apps
- Collection titles may appear incorrectly with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported that the console displays with the wrong resolution on startup. We are aware and investigating.
- To note: If you encounter this behavior, be sure to submit your feedback immediately via Report a problem. Please include the make/model of your TV/monitor in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power Menu (holding down the Xbox button brings up the Power Menu) should resolve the issue. If not, be sure to check out the troubleshooting here, especially the section on updating your TV’s firmware.
If you encounter any other issues after updating to the new version, be sure to report them to Microsoft according to the process outlined here.
Report a problem with the article